Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some new things!

It's been like Christmas the past couple days around here which is definitely always a good thing! Today I got home and found a Fed Ex package on the pourch for me. Only what I saw wasn't a pretty picture.

Here are my new business cards in the packaging :(



Thank god Herff Jones protects the hell out of everything they send me. I've never had any problems with Fed Ex delivering things to me like this...especially when it says "PHOTOS - DO NOT BEND" in pretty decent sized letters. All that extra cardboard they send me came in handy this time!

I started out creating my new cards all complicated and busy with an image and writing, but then I got to thinkin that I always get bored with stuff like that so I took it a completely different route and used the theme for my website. Black and White!



The best of the best though was getting my wedding band the other day. I've been a pretty big baby for almost a year now saying that it wasn't fair Amanda had an engagement ring and I didn't. She asked me a long time ago what I wanted in a wedding band and I gave her a pretty brief discription. This is what she came up with!



I couldn't have picked out anything better myself! You did an amazing job baby, this thing flat out ROCKS! I couldn't be more proud marrying you! I'm the luckiest man on the planet and this ring means we'll be together forever! I love you! It's not hard sporting Scott Kay either. The band is made of palladium and is rollin 12 diamonds deep. I decided that picture was far too boring so I did as if I were shooting wedding images and headed in a slightly more creative direction.



Ok...not that creative and well...I'm a dude. If her ring was in the picture as well this would probably be acceptable, but it's not.



Much better! Grand Theft Auto IV anyone? You can look me up on XBOX Live as thelegend1472. Amanda will have to get on here and post her story about giving me the ring because it's pretty funny. To make a long story short there was some indian giving going on and I don't get to HAVE it until Sept...more whining.

Please note: I realise that a lot of this was shot on my hideous orange kitchen counter tops, but only because there was some killer window light filtering in. Sorry, I really am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool new cards. I like the all black card accented in white and not over done. Very cool wedding band. My band looks very similar but I did not get the diamonds. Yeah the last picture with the ring and the game controller is a total guy picture, I like it! Will from Cali.

BK said...

Thanks Will!

Danh Phan (or dphan) said...

nice cards man! simple and clean. i've been on tpf for awhile now and just stumbled across your website. the site and photos look great man! i do hope you get to add the images into your wedding gallery because you were just a tag along. well good luck to you sir and congrats to you and your soon to be wife.

BK said...

Thank you Danh! I've been apart of TPF since they had a few thousand members. It's grown pretty crazy now. I haven't been in the forums as much as I used to be. I've been busy and have got caught up in some conversations regarding my photos that haven't gone in a positive direction for the sole purpose of someone wanting to cut me down for absolutely no reason so I'm trying to avoid any drama that looks bad for business. Anyway, I see you're a member here so I'm going to go lurk on your blog if you have one!! Stop back often!